Get answers to our frequently asked questions, read about our shop policies, and learn how to properly care for your new tattoo.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I book a tattoo appointment?
This happens in two parts: Use the form on our contact page to submit the details of the tattoo you would like to get and we will contact you to book a free consultation appointment. You will meet with the artist of your choice to discuss your tattoo. The consult is a fun, creative time to ask questions about the design and get input from the artist about your ideas. Please bring hard copies of all reference material, as well as high resolution images to this appointment. A $200 non-refundable deposit will be required at the end of your consultation to confirm your tattoo appointment, which will then be booked for you by the artist.
Why is the deposit non-refundable?
The deposit usually only covers a fraction of the time your artist will spend drawing and preparing your tattoo design. They are entitled to be paid for that time, even if you change your mind about getting it. The deposit will come off the balance of the tattoo price, or off the final sit for extensive tattoos. TATTOO DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE FOR ANY REASON. If you change your mind, or an an artist leaves, your deposit will be good with another tattoo artist at our shop. A deposit can be transferred to someone else but it cannot be refunded.
Do you do walk-ins?
Yes! Small tattoos can often be designed and done on the same day. For larger tattoos, you must first book a consultation with an artist to discuss your original tattoo before booking your actual tattoo appointment. Artists need time to draw excellent tattoo designs so please be patient if you have to wait a few weeks or months for your appointment with one of our senior artists. Great art is worth waiting for!
What is your hourly rate?
Each artist has a different hourly rate depending on their level of experience. The shop minimum is $150 (plus HST), regardless of how small you want your tattoo to be. We cannot give quotes by email or phone. Please book an appointment for a consultation to get a price quote for larger tattoo designs. Remember: good tattoos aren’t cheap and cheap tattoos aren’t good. You will have this tattoo forever, so think before you ink!
What are your sterilization practices?
We are a licensed, health department certified tattoo studio. All of our tattooers and staff are trained in blood borne pathogens and cross-contamination prevention. All individual equipment (including needles, tubes, inks, surface barriers and other supplies) is single-use and disposable. Nothing is ever re-used. We have exemplary cleaning and safety practices that exceed the standards set by the Ontario Health Board. Needles are disposed of in Ministry-approved secure sharps containers, which are collected and destroyed.
Do you do laser tattoo removal?
We do not provide laser tattoo removal services at this time. However, if you have an existing tattoo that you are not happy with, book a consultation to see if it is possible to have an artist cover up or rework it.
How do I care for my healing tattoo?
Please follow these instructions carefully to ensure proper healing and longevity of your tattoo.
BEFORE YOUR TATTOO
- DO NOT drink alcohol the night before your tattoo. It thins the blood, which may lead to poor healing.
- DO NOT take painkillers or illegal substances before your tattoo.
- DO NOT use any topical anesthetics or numbing creams unless otherwise directed by your tattoo artist, as improper usage of these products may cause poor healing.
- DO NOT get tattooed on an empty stomach.
- DO NOT get tattooed while pregnant, or breastfeeding. If you are, please notify us immediately to reschedule your appointment.
- DO get a good night’s sleep before your tattoo.
- DO ensure that your clothes and body are clean.
- DO wear comfortable clothing that will allow access to the area being tattooed.
- DO give us 24 hours for cancellations.
- DO call us if you have any additional questions.
- Remove bandage the following morning just before you shower and gently wash your tattoo with unscented mild soap (i.e. Ivory) and warm water. Do not peek or peel bandage before this.
- Do not use glycerin soap to wash your tattoo.
- Make sure to create a good lather with soap: removing excess blood, ink, plasma and foreign matter.
- Rinse the tattoo thoroughly under running warm water.
- Using a clean, dry towel, gently pat the tattoo dry after washing. Once completed, your tattoo should not be slimy or sticky.
- A thorough first wash is imperative! An improper first wash will create heavy scabbing and poor healing.
- Don’t re-bandage the tattoo. A tattoo needs to be able to breathe in order to heal.
- Try to keep your tattoo clean and dry for at least three days.
- After three days (or once your tattoo begins to feel dry, tight or itchy), begin applying a water-based, unscented lotion. (Aveeno, Vaseline Intensive Care or Lubriderm lotions work well). Use only a small amount and pat lightly onto the skin.
- Loose fitting clothing is essential to avoid any kind of abrasion on your healing tattoo.
- Never pick or scratch a tattoo, it itches because it is healing. That’s normal. Apply lotion when itchy.
- Never soak your tattoo while it’s healing. Keep showers quick, washing with mild soap each time. Allow your tattoo to dry out before applying lotion.
- Do not sauna, swim, hot tub, tan, steam, or sun bathe until your tattoo has flaked off and the skin is back to its original form.
- Tattoos should not scab heavily; they should dry out and flake off, like a sunburn. However, sometimes scabbing can occur for some people for various reasons. In these instances, healing will take longer, and the tattoo may require touch-ups, which is why we ask you to follow all before and after instructions explicitly.
- If you have ANY questions or concerns about your healing tattoo, please call us at the shop.
- NEVER take tattoo aftercare advice from anyone else!
Do you sell gift cards?
Ethical Policies and Safety Standards
Because there are many things more important than money:
- We will not tattoo anyone who is visibly under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- We will not tattoo anyone who does not sign our consent form and produce a valid photo id.
- We will not tattoo you if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you have a chronic serious health condition.
- We will not tattoo your hands, face or neck if you are not already heavily tattooed. These are called “job stoppers” and we are pretty strict about this time-honoured ethical standard.
- We will not tattoo gang signs, racist or hate-related designs of any kind. Ever.
- Pets are strictly not permitted in the shop for sanitary reasons. (Special permission can be granted on a case-by-case basis for Registered Service Animals with paperwork.)
- Please come alone to your appointment.
- CHILDREN UNDER 16 ARE NOT PERMITTED.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.