FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
& SHOP POLICIES
How do I book a tattoo appointment?
This happens in two parts: Use the form on our contact page to submit the details of the tattoo you would like to get and we will contact you to book a free consultation appointment. You will meet with the artist of your choice to discuss your tattoo. The consult is a fun, creative time to ask questions about the design and get input from the artist about your ideas. Please bring hard copies of all reference material, as well as high resolution images to this appointment. A $200 non-refundable deposit (including HST) will be required at the end of your consultation to confirm your tattoo appointment, which will then be booked for you by the artist.
Why is the deposit non-refundable?
The deposit usually only covers a fraction of the time your artist will spend drawing and preparing your tattoo design. They are entitled to be paid for that time, even if you change your mind about getting it. The deposit will come off the balance of the tattoo price, or off the final sit for extensive tattoos.
Do you tattoo people who are under 18 years old?
We do not tattoo anyone under 18, even with parental consent. No exceptions.
Do you do walk-ins?
Yes! Small tattoos can often be designed and done on the same day. For larger tattoos, you must first book a consultation with an artist to discuss your original tattoo before booking your actual tattoo appointment. Artists need time to draw excellent tattoo designs so please be patient if you have to wait a few weeks or months for your appointment with one of our senior artists. Great art is worth waiting for!
What is your hourly rate?
Each artist has a different hourly rate depending on their level of experience. The shop minimum is $150 (plus HST), regardless of how small you want your tattoo to be. We cannot give quotes by email or phone. Please book an appointment for a consultation to get a price quote for larger tattoo designs. Remember: good tattoos aren’t cheap and cheap tattoos aren’t good. You will have this tattoo forever, so think before you ink!
Do you do piercings?
No, we do not do piercings. Just the best tattoos ever!
What are your sterilization practices?
We are a licensed, health department certified tattoo studio. All of our tattooers and staff are trained in blood borne pathogens and cross-contamination prevention. All individual equipment (including needles, tubes, inks, surface barriers and other supplies) is single-use and disposable. Nothing is ever re-used. We have exemplary cleaning and safety practises that exceed the standards set by the Ontario Health Board. Needles are disposed of in Ministry-approved secure sharps containers, which are collected and destroyed.
Do you do laser tattoo removal?
We do not provide laser tattoo removal services at this time. However, if you have an existing tattoo that you are not happy with, book a consultation to see if it is possible to have an artist cover up or rework it.
What types of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, Debit, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
How do I care for my healing tattoo?
Your tattoo artist will give you verbal and written instructions on how to care for your healing tattoo. If you’ve misplaced it, no worries, we also provide these instructions here. Please follow the instructions carefully to ensure perfect healing of your kick ass new tattoo.
Do you sell gift cards?
Yes we sell those fancy plastic gift cards in the shop. Come on in!
Other Ethical Policies and Safety Standards, because there are many things more important than money:
- We will not tattoo anyone who is visibly under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- We will not tattoo anyone who does not sign our consent form and produce a valid photo id.
- We will not tattoo you if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you have a chronic serious health condition.
- We will not tattoo your hands, face or neck if you are not already heavily tattooed. These are called “job stoppers” and we are pretty strict about this time-honoured ethical standard.
- We will not tattoo gang signs, racist or hate-related designs of any kind. Ever.
- Pets are strictly not permitted in the shop for sanitary reasons. (Special permission can be granted on a case-by-case basis for Registered Service Animals with paperwork.)
- You can bring a friend, but not an entourage. Please be respectful of the privacy of other customers and the concentration of the tattoo artists.
- CHILDREN UNDER 16 ARE NOT PERMITTED.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.